GRAX helps organizations make the most of their past using their cloud application data. The most iconic companies in the world that we buy from daily, wear on our wrists, have in our pockets and rely on to power the internet, all use GRAX. For them, GRAX is a way to unleash the power of their historical data and use it to drive better business outcomes.
GRAX is a remote-first Series A startup founded in Boston, MA with distributed operations across the US. Our investors include Volition Capital.
About The Role
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to effectively support GRAX customers. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, problem-solving, and communication skills. As part of this highly visible team, candidates have the opportunity to work closely with GRAX customers to contribute to the successful deployment and reliable operations in their environment.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as an escalation point for customer-impacting issues that warrant a technical deep-dive to understand and resolve. You will work closely with the customer facing teams within GRAX to understand the complexities of customer environments and how our software behaves in them. Debugging issues as a Technical Support Engineer will require both deep technical prowess as well as the ability to communicate effectively with customers while you investigate. That communication will extend both internally and externally as you coordinate efforts between the customer and GRAX Support and Engineering teams.
- Work with customers who have complex business requirements involving GRAX, and need technical validation and setup.
- Provide complex technical support and assistance to clients via email, phone, and/or other remote methods.
- Support our global enterprise customers with flexibility and availability for off-hour escalations
- Interface with the Product & Engineering teams on workarounds and solutions
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues that have been escalated to you through support channels.
- Balance and prioritize a moderate case volume with potentially long-running issues
- Reproduce, debug, document, and escalate technical issues to the Engineering team
- Provides customers with preventive maintenance and configuration recommendations to improve product usability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Guide and mentor other colleagues around technical topics
- Contribute to the internal GRAX knowledge base to empower teammates on future technical tasks
- Collect voice of the customer feedback regarding continuous improvements for product features and functionality
- Document and share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or 4+ years in a technical role
- Experience working with web & operations technologies: HTTP, SQL, CLI/bash, Amazon S3, ElasticSearch, REST/SOAP APIs, etc.
- Proficiency in analyzing log files and standard debugging concepts
- Organized and customer-oriented ability to prioritize an ever-changing queue of customer issues
- Ability to approach emergent issues with a calm demeanor and organized debugging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with colleagues and customers.
- AWS Certifications
- Salesforce.com administration or development experience
- Basic programming proficiency in any language
- Proficiency in deploying and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture
- Support operations or leadership experience
- Experience working for a remote-focused company
- Remote First
- Flexible PTO
- 401K Match
- Healthcare for you and your family
- Incredible teammates
GRAX embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.